About 1923 Brighton Corporation nurseries were moved from Lewes Road to Lower Roedale, on part of the old Harrington Farm. They remained until 1960 when they moved again to Stanmer Park. For several years the site was empty and overgrown, but now, in 1968, it is proposed that council dwellings will be built here. If so, the cottage seen here will likely be removed. This was previously two separate cottages occupied by workers on Harrington Farm. Date of photographs – 28 January 1962.

Image Reference: JG_20_113.tif
Date: 1962
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 156x111
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by a number of Individual Donors
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society