Although this small farm was quite old its use became somewhat circumscribed after the land was acquired by Brighton Corporation for educational purposes. These two photographs were taken on 1 March 1939, but despite the passage of many years the group of central buildings, the barn and three cottages still remain. On the horizon is Varndean School for Girls opened by the Duchess of Atholl on 2 June 1926, while the Boys School followed five years later on 2 March, 1931. This is not seen in the photograph.

Image Reference: JG_20_176.tif
Date: 1939
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 130x99
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by a number of Individual Donors
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society