These three photographs show Black Rock House, the Abergavenny Arms and 1-3 sea View Terrace. The old road to Rottingdean ran in front of these houses but by 1920 the fronts of Sea View terrace were at the cliff edge, as shown on the left. These fronts were removed but the backs were left to support the cliff Creamery. This building and Black Rock House were removed in 1929 but the Abergavenny Arms lasted for a further six years.

Image Reference: JG_23_164.tif
Date: c.1890s
Image Details: Post Card
Size of Original: 84x134
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: Rock face and steps

This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society