This street, built about 1815, as originally named North Steyne Street, and was renamed after William, Duke of Clarence, later William IV.
Although always a poor street it contained some fine doorways and bow windows.
This photograph was taken in 1934 and the houses on the east side of the street were demolished in 1935-1936.

Image Reference: JG_24_051.tif
Date: 1934
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 138x95
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Duncan McNeill
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society