This huge chimney remained for many years after generating ceased at the original electricity works in North Road. In 1929 it was decided to remove it and the six photographs appearing on this and succeeding pages show the chimney in varying stages of its destruction. This is a view along King Street showing the erection of scaffolding around the mouth of the chimney. The public house in Church Street, is the Brewer’s Arms, also removed some time later.

Image Reference: JG_25_018.tif
Date: 1929
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 131x96
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society