These two photographs provide excellent views of the colonnade as it was in 1895, before any part of it had been removed. The horse bus seen in this photograph was one of Tilley’s buses which plied from New Road to just beyond the Arch in Lewes Road, by the cemeteries. The railings of the Pavilion grounds were removed in March 1937.

Image Reference: JG_25_046.tif
Date: 1895
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 151x108
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: Magnificent lamp-post

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society