Almost opposite, on the east side of New Road is No. 28, seen here when occupied by Charles Hughes, described in the Brighton Directory of 1877 as “Lithographic & copperplate printer and stamper”. He was there from the early 1870s until the 1890s. In its private house days the building may have had a canopy, see the marks on the first floor wall. The year of the photograph is unknown.

Image Reference: JG_25_059.tif
Date: 1880s
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 100x155
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society