Photographs of this old school, the second oldest in Brighton, only Middle Street (1805) being older. Central was built in 1829 and opened in the following year. Built in Regency Gothic style it remained in continuous use for 137 years until 1967. For a short while afterwards it was used as an overflow for other schools. Finally it was demolished for street widening early in 1971. Date of photograph: 9 February 1964

Image Reference: JG_25_079.tif
Date: 1964
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 116x155
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: Carluccios restaurant has now taken its place

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society