The purpose of these recently taken photographs is to record the site of the new Baths for the Brighton Corporation, still in course of construction at end if 1980. This view in north Road, shows the entrance to the old swimming baths, built and opened in 1895. The building in the left foreground is almost certainly a part of the Infantry Barracks that was occupied by the military until the 1860s. Photographs dates from 28 June 1978.

Image Reference: JG_25_176.tif
Date: 1978
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 152x128
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society