This school for girls in Frederick Place was founded in 1854. In that year St. Nicholas Church was restored as a memorial to the Duke of Wellington and the school was so named for that reason. It was to this school that last two girls of Swan Downer’s School were transferred. It continued to be used as a school until 1944.

Image Reference: JG_25_229.tif
Date: 1938
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 110x139
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society