This, and other neighbouring streets, disappeared a long time ago, and there are few people still living who can recall them. Built in the 1850s, Queen Street, Peel Street and Peel Place adjoined railway property and in 1905 they were removed to provide extensions to the Good Yard. At the same time houses on the west side of Fleet Street and New York Street were also swept away.

Image Reference: JG_25_265.tif
Date: 1900s
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 204x150
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: D. Mepham & Son, Bakers

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society