At the time of this photograph the cemetery had been opened for 10 years, the first internment being on 27 November 1851. One of the large stone tombs seen in the distance is that of Revd. F.W. Robertson (Robertson of Brighton – Holy Trinity) who was buried here in 1853. This was the first burial ground established outside those three contiguous to St Nicholas Church, hence the name Extra-Mural.

Image Reference: JG_28_042.tif
Date: 1860
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 66x75
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society