These photographs were copied from very ancient, faded and small originals, which account for their blemishes. Almost certainly the period is about 1860. They show, above, the Church from the south-east looking towards Lewes Road. the white marble broken column to the left is still there after more than 100 years, and is in good order. It was erected in 1857 to the memory of W.A. Platt, a youth of 17.

Image Reference: JG_28_048.tif
Date: c.1860
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 122x128
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society