Brighton Corporation took over this privately owned cemetery in 1956. Soon after it was decided to remove the old entrance lodge, which was damp, dilapidated and hardly fit for further occupation. A new house was built higher up the entrance drive and then the old building, more than 100 years old, was demolished as shown above.

Image Reference: JG_28_056.tif
Date: 1956
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 202x157
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society