For many years after the farm was broken up in 1938 the farmhouse lingered on. It was occupied throughout the 1940s and 1950s while the surrounding land was untended and unkempt. The area improved when the school was built but before long the house was empty and boarded up, as seen in these photographs of June 1963. It then provided a sorry contrast with the trim cottage seen in the panoramic view on the previous page. It has now been demolished and the site is barren.

Image Reference: JG_28_130.tif
Date: 1963
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 170x111
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society