This is a photograph of Lower Bevendean Farm, or Heath Hill Farm as it was often called, about 1900, taken from the high ground where Auckland Drive is now. At this period the farm was outside the Borough boundaries and was quite remote from Brighton though it could be seen from the Race Hill. Even after the building of the South Moulsecombe council estate, half a mile separated the farm from the nearest houses. In 1947 the farm was acquired by Brighton Corporation for rebuilding and the Bevendean estate was laid out in the following years.

Image Reference: JG_28_163.tif
Date: c.1900
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 153x108
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society