This unusual building, The cottage, 39 Marlborough Place, stood facing south in the cul-de-sac in North Road, near the corner of Gloucester Place. It was removed in 1926 so as to give access from the street to a garage in the rear. Formerly a smithy and farrier’s shop adjoined the cottage (where Gates’ yard is now) and the cottage may well have been occupied by the smith. A house with a similar cut-away roof can be seen in the next photograph.

Image Reference: JG_30_061.tif
Date: pre 1926
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 107x152
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society