Across Warren Road from the Downs Hotel, opened in 7 September 1925, was a standpipe, one of the few sources of water for the early houses. One of the local characters, Mr Pitteway is seen here filling a bin with water to be conveyed home by donkey and cart.

Image Reference: JG_33_085.tif
Date: c.1928
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 134x80
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society