Built in 1721/7 for Henry Pelham, it remained in the ownership and occupied by the Pelham family (Earls of Chichester) until 1947 when it was acquired by Brighton Corporation. The single bay extension to the right was added in 1860. During the Second World War the house and grounds were taken over by units of the Canadian Army.

Image Reference: JG_33_115.tif
Date: Unknown
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 217x126
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society