The same scene, 30 years afterwards. Some of the houses can be clearly be identified on both photographs and the garden fence of the house on the right is still to be seen. In 1928 this area was incorporated into the Greater Brighton. Some 5 years later development began, the roadway was widened and the name changed to Valley Drive.

Image Reference: JG_34_188.tif
Date: 1955
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 152x96
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Preston and Old Patcham Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society