The cottages were built much later than the old flint houses previously and they are first heard of in Directories of the 1850s. During the 1880s they were acquired by Hanningtons and used as dormitories for their assistants, who lived in. Later 10, 11 and 12, Brighton Place were used for the same purpose. After this custom died out the cottages were used as stores but it seems likely that before long they will be demolished and the whole area redeveloped. Photographs taken – December 1959

Image Reference: JG_09_038.tif
Date: 1959
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 104x81
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Brighton Town Press
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society