The foundation stone of the Town Hall was laid in 1830. Enlargement and remodelling became necessary, so the upper part of the frontage was built out over the heavy balcony. At the same time the Police Station was established where the large flight of steps fronted Little East Street (see next Photograph) The Town Hall was reopened in its present form in 1899.

Image Reference: JG_09_050.tif
Date: 1890s
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 285x205
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Brighton Town Press
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society