This Inn has stood on this corner of East Street and Pool Valley from 1780. Even before this date an earlier Inn, known as the Anchor had been on the site since the middle of the 17th Century. This Inn was built in the style of many Brighton houses of the late 18th Century, though doubtless it had been refaced. The photograph was taken in 1929, shortly before the Inn was completely rebuilt.

Image Reference: JG_09_083.tif
Date: 1929
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 203x155
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: Auguste Cutler,P.W.Morel

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Brighton Town Press
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society