The hotel, named after Frederick, Duke of York, was first opened in September 1819. The above photograph shows the peaceful scene in Old Steine, about 80 years ago. It dates from before 1874 because in that year the hotel was sold by Mr Pegg, to Mr Hoadly (see name over portico).

Image Reference: JG_09_129.tif
Date: c.1873
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 152x97
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Brighton Town Press
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society