WESTERN ROAD, HOVE
The view eastwards in 1923. The buildings on the left, erected in 1859 as private houses, were originally called Lansdown Terrace West.
To the right is the block now occupied by Hill’s grocery store. At the time of this photograph they occupied two shops which were separated by three others in different occupations, and it was not until 1933 that they acquired the entire block and built the present premises.
Image Reference: JG_11_037.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 129x79
Additional Information: Shopfront at LHS still exists in 2007
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society