PALMEIRA STORES, WESTERN ROAD
This provides an excellent view of the original shop front. Originally intended for an hotel, Palmeira House was opened as a Stores in May 1873. In 1927, the whole of the frontages in Western Road and Holland Road were removed and the present day windows substituted.
Image Reference: JG_11_038.tif
Image Details: Post Card
Size of Original: 140x88
Additional Information: Now Tesco,China Tea 3s4d,Ceylon Tea 2s8d,Tennis Balls 11s6d
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society