WESTERN ROAD, HOVE
This is more a story of a business than of a building. The four photographs are all of No 60 Western Road, which adjoined the range of buildings occupied by William Hill. In 1867 Thomas Brown started as a tailor at 8a Montpelier Place, soon moving to No 11. By the turn of the century he had moved to the Western Road premises where the business was described as Naval & Military Outfitters, supplying also Hunting and Sporting Garments, and doubtless normal day-to-day clothing. It continued here for another 60 years and is shown in the Brighton Directory for 1962 but not for 1966. Exact year of the photograph is not known but obviously between these years.
Image Reference: JG_11_049.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 79x15
Additional Information: Decorative doorway
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society