This formerly stood a little to the east of Hove Street with its North wall facing Church Road. The age of this barn is not known, but on the south side it adjoined the old smithy which is thought to have been in existence in the 13th century. One wonders if the fireplace and chimney breast are relics of this smithy! To the left can be seen houses in Connaught Road and the School, opened in 1884. On the right are backs of the houses in Providence Place, which then numbered four, instead of two as at present.

Image Reference: JG_13_063.tif
Date: c.1900
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 206x153
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored in memory of Phyl and Eddie Edwards
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society