This photograph, dating from about 1910, shows the original station buildings. Although the railway from Brighton to Shoreham was opened in 1840, this station was not erected until 1865 and was, at first, called Cliftonville. Then, 400 yards of fields separated the station from the nearest houses in George Street and Ventnor Villas. Later the station was renamed West Brighton and finally, Hove.

Image Reference: JG_14_064.tif
Date: c.1910
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 154x96
Place: Hove
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Regency Society and in memory of Elaine Violet Baird, Reference Librarian, Brighton, by her colleagues.
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society