It is a pity that this photograph has faded because it would have revealed a rural scene in marked contrast with that of the present day.
It shows the Lower Shoreham Road, or Kingsway as we now know it, just where Wharf Road leads off to Aldrington Basin. On the left can be seen the old Adur Inn, of which a large photograph appears on another page. Wish Meadow and small market gardens then separated Shoreham Road and New Church Road.
Date of photograph – 27 June 1893.
Image Reference: JG_15_009.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 157x97
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Hove Civic Society and The Regency Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society