This photograph shows the recently built house, 103 Preston Road, at the corner of Dyke Road Drive.
The Drive was then in course of being constructed from Dyke Road to Preston Road. The wall seen to the left previously extended from the Viaduct nearly to Preston Village and was built in 1817 by William Stanford of Preston Manor. The house beyond the railway line is Highlands, in Stanford Road.
This house and several others in Preston Road were built by Holloway Bros., Builders and Albert Holloway is one of the figures seated in the garden.
Image Reference: JG_18_028.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 182x125
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Preston Village Millenium Project and The Preston and Old Patcham Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society