PRESTON ROAD AREA
This photograph should be considered in relation with that of the large private house, seen on the previous page. It is, in fact the continuation north-westwards up Dyke Road Drive and part of the house wall and railings can be seen at the extreme right. Most of the large houses of Preston Road, built in the 1870’s and 1880’s were the work of Holloway Bros., whose yard and offices were here at 1a Dyke Road Drive from the 1870’s until 1931. This photograph was taken in 1906.
Image Reference: JG_18_029.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 146x109
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Preston Village Millenium Project and The Preston and Old Patcham Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society