View along this spacious road, showing houses from No. 13 onwards. The photograph was taken on July 4 July 1971, in anticipation of its early removal. In fact, five adjoining houses, 13 to 17, were demolished later, in 1973, for the building of a vast block of flats. These houses were built in 1884/5, soon after the purchase by Brighton Corporation of Preston Park, from the Stanford family.

Image Reference: JG_18_124.tif
Date: 1971
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 148x95
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Preston Village Millenium Project and The Preston and Old Patcham Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society