An ugly, late Victorian mansion, probably built in the 1880’s, this was the last house in Preston Road, before the Rockery. After about 25 years in private occupation, it was used for a long period as the Training College Hostel and was then known as The Rookery. For its last few years it was used for flats.
Photographed 4 June 1961.
Image Reference: JG_18_125.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 154x118
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Preston Village Millenium Project and The Preston and Old Patcham Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society