PRESTON PARK AREA
On the right is a photograph of the Rookery, when its conversion to the Rockery as we know it now, was proceeding. The work carried out during the years 1935 and 1936.
Previously there was a bowling green on the present site of the pond, and beyond stretched an untidy bank supporting the railway.
The adjoining house, to the south, was for some years known as the Rookery, so it is possible that this land was once part of the grounds of that house.
Image Reference: JG_18_140.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 154x95
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Preston Village Millenium Project and The Preston and Old Patcham Society
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society