OLD WESTERN ROAD
It is hard to realise that this is Western Road, so much has changed since July 1899, when these photographs were taken. On the left next to the photographers were the last two purely private houses in Western road, numbers 128 and 129. Beyond was the very narrow Montpelier Road and then, the large mansion West Hill Lodge sheltered from the south by the large trees of its garden.
Image Reference: JG_19_007.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 160x155
Additional Information: Barnham and Bailey’s Circus procession of elephants
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Montpelier and Clifton Hill Association
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society