The empty Ministry of Labour buildings, 130a, Western Road, on September 8th, 1963. Together with the adjoining cinema it was built not long before the 1914-18 War on the site of West Hill lodge, seen in other photographs. One time motor showrooms it was opened by the Ministry during that war and remained the Labour Exchange for more than 40 years.

Image Reference: JG_19_012.tif
Date: 1963
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 155x100
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Montpelier and Clifton Hill Association
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society