After the extensive widening of the period 1926/1936, this road remained virtually unchanged for 30 years. Then as part of the vast West Street redevelopment, all the shop buildings on the south side between Upper Russell Street and Clarence Street were demolished during 1967.
On this and succeeding pages are shown most of the shops, built about 1830 in the back gardens of the houses of Grenville Place.
1-11, Western Road, on the south side, westwards from Upper Russell Street.
Image Reference: JG_19_158.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 154x116
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by The Montpelier and Clifton Hill Association
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society