This photograph is of the Technical College as it appeared at the time of its opening in January 1898. It was built on the site of Richmond Villa, a house in which Amon Wilds, the builder once lived.
In 1909 the house shown to the north, Clydesdale House, was demolished and a Training College was erected in the same architectural style as a North wing. The house just visible to the south, no. 8, was removed in 1934 and a south wing of the College was opened in 1935.
Image Reference: JG_20_016.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 149x189
Additional Information: This building was converted to flats in 2007.
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by a number of Individual Donors
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society