Although in 1873, the Level was declared a public open space for the use of Brightonians for all time, it had to submit to a temporary encroachment during the 1939-45 War. This colony of Nissan Huts was erected early in the War for the R.E.Records Staff, who were here for about 15 years.
These photographs were taken in March 1955 and the buildings were removed later that year.
Image Reference: JG_20_034.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 154x110
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by a number of Individual Donors
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society