Early in 1947 Brighton Corporation took steps to purchase compulsorily the 7 1/2-acre Sylvan Hall Estate at the junction of Ditchling Road and the Upper Lewes Road. At that time four large Victorian Houses stood there in extensive grounds. These were respectively Sylvan Hall, Hill Lodge, Woodfield Lodge and 28, Ditchling Road. As these old houses were removed, blocks of two and three storey flats were erected, and the first of these were occupied early in 1951.
HILL LODGE: faced west towards Ditchling Road from which it was approached through massive gates. It was demolished in 1953. Photographed on 21 February 1951.

Image Reference: JG_20_058.tif
Date: 1951
Image Details: Original monochrome image
Size of Original: 107x64
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by a number of Individual Donors
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society