The area known as Craven Vale, at the end of Sutherland Road, had been used for allotments for nearly sixty years when acquired by Brighton Corporation for houses. Possession of the land was obtained in September 1952, and the construction of roads was completed in 1953. These two photographs look north-west towards Freshfield Road, when the land was still occupied as allotments. Photographed on 25 February 1952.

Image Reference: JG_23_002.tif
Date: 1952
Image Details: Original monochrome print.
Size of Original: 107x62
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society