This view, from Manor Hill down Sutherland Road and St Matthew’s Church, shows the start of the house building on the new Council estate. Eventually 346 houses or flats will be built here. This is the most central of all the Council estates, being only a mile from the Palace Pier. Date of photograph – 24 February 1954

Image Reference: JG_23_008.tif
Date: 1954
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 244x133
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society