Founded by the Rev. H V Elliott, Vicar of St Mary’s Church, Upper St James’s Street, as a school for the Daughter’s of the Clergy, it was opened on August 1st 1836. The photograph shows the cloister “ for recreation in wet weather”.

Image Reference: JG_23_051.tif
Date: 1890s
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 199x133
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: swings, badmington

This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society