Photograph taken from Manor Road, across the playing fields, to the six storey flats, then in course of building October 1957. On land at one time owned by the Marquis of Bristol, have been built nearly 400 flats from Brighton Corporation, the contractors being George Wimpey & Co., Ltd. There was quite a controversy on the Council before the decision to build them 6 storeys in height was taken. The Mayor Alderman C. Tyson opened the first block, on 16 January 1958.

Image Reference: JG_23_059.tif
Date: 1957
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 240x115
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society