This is one of the first three covered top buses that operated in Brighton. It was taken into use on 28 June 1930 and remained in service until 30 September 1953. The body is not, of course, the original, which was in use until 1935. A second body was then fitted and replaced in 1946 by that shown in the photograph. Both these photographs were taken at Whitehawk Garage on 2 October 1953.

Image Reference: JG_23_091.tif
Date: 1953
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 108x158
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society