A most dismal purlieu off Church Street. The cottages faced east and the gaunt, grey flint walls intensified their gloomy appearance. There were 12 cottages with four outside WCs seen against the facing wall. Photographed January 1935, they were removed in the following year and commercial premises now stands there.
The reverse view to the narrow entrance from Church Street,
Image Reference: JG_25_096.tif
Image Details: Copy
Size of Original: 123x148
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society