SWAN DOWNER SCHOOL – GARDNER STREET
In 1866 a further move made to larger premises at 91 North Street, pictured here. By this time 50 girls were attending the school. As the years passed and social conditions improved the numbers dwindled. Finally the last two girls attending were transferred to St Nicholas School and in 1939 Swan Downers School was closed.
Image Reference: JG_25_100.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 109x150
Additional Information: Entrance to Regent Court in background
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society