One of Brighton’s meaner streets, it took its name from the Prince Regent as it was actually built during the period of the Regency, 1811 – 1820.
Thomas Furner, who lived at No.40, built most of the tall three storied houses. Above the heads of the children, on the left, was a white stone let into the first floor wall. This bore the inscription “Furner’s Buildings – 1820”
Image Reference: JG_25_101.tif
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 104x150
Additional Information: No comment
The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society