This was another narrow court of whose existence many Brightonians were unaware. It was to be found between 42 & 43 Frederick Place and consisted of a row of 5 small cottages ending in a high wall at the back of Over Street. They were probably built in the 1840s and were much older than the warehouse at the top of the court, which stands on the site of the old houses on the west side of Frederick Place, which were removed in 1878, when Queens Road was widened. Frederick Cottages were demolished in 1935 and the site was used for an extension of Freeman’s premises.

Image Reference: JG_25_182.tif
Date: Unknown
Image Details: Original monochrome print
Size of Original: 156x110
Place: Brighton
Additional Information: No comment

The digitisation of this Volume was sponsored by Gavin Henderson in memory of his father, Magnus Reginald 'Jock' Henderson
This image is copyright and is made available for personal study only. Commercial reproduction in any media is prohibited without written authorisation.
High resolution images for commercial use are available. Please contact The Regency Society